Monday, December 7, 2015

Woodworking Publications

Every month or so a new publication seems to be published. Some are better than others, and some are fairly new. The first publication that caught my eye was Fine Woodworking magazine and than I tripped upon Popular Woodworking. Both of these publications are great and opened my eyes to many different aspects of woodworking.

When I attended the Furniture Institute of Mass my hand skills and woodworking knowledge advanced from beginner to intermediate and now to advance.  Do I have still have a lot to learn, why yes I do and forever will.  This is why I love this craft.

Over the years I have fallen out of love for  woodworking magazines. I am not sure why, but for some odd ball reason I thought I didn't gain as much or even nothing at all.  There were even times that I let my publications lapse. But recently this all changed, and I am back in love with everything that is published. Why this change of heart? Well I decided to be open minded. I feel every article has something to offer, either in wording, photos, layout, or just the information itself. There is always something to learn from in every article.  I am also happy to see the newest issues coming in mail because they have been awesome from cover to cover.

Thank you Fine Woodworking and Popular Woodworking for all the hard work.


No comments:

Post a Comment