Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Learn to make a Chippendale Table

Chippendal Table copy


When people think Chippendale furniture they think of ball and claw feet and elaborate carvings. What many seem to forget is the some of simplified Chippendale furniture. I love period examples that have marlboro feet with stop chamfers on the legs. The astragal moulding that is wrapped around the table's frame or moulded into the top.  These details yell CHIPPENDALE, but without all the robust details.  

Starting this February I will teaching how to make this great Chippendale table. I will be teaching this course over 4 Saturdays.  This will be a fun class and one I think many will enjoy. I hope you can all join me in exploring the more simplified version of Chippendale furniture. For more information please visit the following link; Chippendale Table Class 






No comments:

Post a Comment