Sunday, July 9, 2017

My favorite sideboard

My inspirations for form, style, and proportions come from the pass. I love the sideboard seen below but sadly its in storage and hasn't seen the light in many years, which I find ridiculous. I'm pretty familiar with the form and construction of this piece but can't get into the details of it due to a contract I signed. Which is another ridiculous story.  But I am hoping to get access to this piece in the near future and bring it to life by making a reproduction of all the awesome details.

Sideboard

1790–1805

Object Place: New York City, New York

DIMENSIONS

Overall: 100 x 205.1 x 78.7 cm (39 3/8 x 80 3/4 x 31 in.)

ACCESSION NUMBER

1978.301

MEDIUM OR TECHNIQUE

Mahogany ,satinwood inlays, pine, poplar (?)

NOT ON VIEW


Provenance
1928, Harry V. Weil, dealer; 1920s, Israel Sack, dealer; sold to Edward R. Fearing (private collector); ca. 1962, reacquired by the Sack firm; later acquired by Lewis Cabot; by descent to the donor, Mrs. Judy Cabot Bullitt, 120 East End Ave., New York (Accession Date September 13, 1978)

Credit Line

Gift of the Lewis P. Cabot Family

No comments:

Post a Comment