Friday, April 3, 2020

Cleaning Wood Work


A common question asked is what would I recommend to clean woodwork? My response for years is start with Dawn soap and warm water, wipe the item with a cotton t-shirt type material. If you need to scrub the item, then I would use a series of scotch-brite starting at grey and work your way to red and then green for extra coarse.

Another product I recommend for areas really dirty that is going to get stripped is Dirtex. Just follow the directions on the box and use scotch-brite. Its amazing how well Dirtex works.  Once down scrubbing wipe everything down, let the area dry for a day, and then continue with the refinishing process.

I hope this helps.


Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I second your assertion. For smaller jobs Dirtex also comes in pre-mixed spray bottles and aerosol cans. I get mine at Ace Hardware.

    ReplyDelete